Home Forums Practice Management Systems Time Management

7 replies, 0 voices Last updated by  Travis Campbell 1 year, 3 months ago
  • Travis Campbell
    Participant
    @drtcampbellgmail-com

Time management.
    So how many of us can say we work 4 days a week or less, never bring work him with us, and are very successful?

I don't know about you, but when I heard that years ago I thought something was fishy or they were exaggerating, however I can tell you it is very possible. All without gimmicks, over-diagnosing, or breaking your back. And can be done just as well with PPO or FFS.

First steps: Think of how much time you spend in the office doing nothing, or doing something that is not highly productive. What if you took that same amount of time and were producing dentistry at a pace you like? How often are you doing something that can be done by another team member? There are so many things ONLY we can do, learning to train and delegate is the ticket to less stress and more productivity.

Last month was our 5th best month ever, and the previous was our best. Having consistent great months and being efficient and productive is the best way to hold back the advance of corporate dentistry or any other competition we have, because they cannot compete with private practice on service and compassion.

So, what are some things you have done to make your office run efficiently and smoothly? Or what are some areas of concern for you that if they were fixed would make a big difference in your professional life? What would you like to NOT have to do anymore that is legally possible to delegate?

It all starts with recognizing the things holding you back and finding ways to improve on them.

Aimee Posey
    Participant
    @aimeeposey-appgmail-com

I strive everyday to be more productive. I have tracked my time daily for several months & realize I spend ALOT of time “babysitting” employees & their job. I can not seem to get our staff be a proactive staff instead of a reactive staff. I have tried implementing systems & protocols but when the dr. doesn’t follow them how can I reinforce them?

Aimee Posey
    Participant
    @aimeeposey-appgmail-com

I strive everyday to be more productive. I have tracked my time daily for several months & realize I spend ALOT of time “babysitting” employees & their job. I can not seem to get our staff be a proactive staff instead of a reactive staff. I have tried implementing systems & protocols but when the dr. doesn’t follow them with each patient how can I reinforce them?

Ed
    Participant
    @edward_m47yahoo-com

Aimee, I think that you hit the nail on the head! You said you have tracked your day. Then said you found out what you do the most is babysit others.

Let me mention. When I link up with new offices I want to know what people do in a day. Why? Time is always being wasted somewhere. I've had employees track their day multiple times. A great way to have them do this is to say something like ” I'm implementing a new system that I think would help you out here at the office, but I need your help. Would you help me by tracking your day. Let me know what you do throughout the day.”

What I've learned is people dont enjoy being told what to do. If you can convince them that it was their idea to begin with they will be able to help you more than you know. By asking them to help you, it will make them feel empowered. Almost like they are doing you the favor. Its tricky but the reward is worth it.

Great on you for implementing systems and protocols. Now follow through with them. Let people know if they are not followed through with there will be repercussions.

You're on the right track.

-Ed

Aimee Posey
    Participant
    @aimeeposey-appgmail-com

Thank you for your help. An outsider’s help in a situation is usually the key.

Aimee

Sandy Pardue
    Participant
    @sandyclassicpractice-com

Time is our most valuable asset in the dental practice.

You only get one opportunity to make today a good day.

Sandy Pardue
    Participant
    @sandyclassicpractice-com

How does one manage their time? How does this work in the dental practice?

It starts with organization and knowing how long it takes for each procedure along with an effective scheduling system.

Travis Campbell
    Participant
    @drtcampbellgmail-com

Aimee,

If the doctor does not follow protocols, it becomes a whole lot harder to get the rest of the team too.  Is this an associate doctor or owner?  They both take different approaches.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.